Francesco Guidolin and Ashley Williams
Swansea City manager Francesco Guidolin says he will not be the man to pick a successor to captain Ashley Williams.
Guidolin wants to bring in a replacement for the central defender following his switch to Everton.
"I am optimistic about replacing Ash. I speak frequently with the chairman. We haven't rushed," he said.
"I use my experience to work with players chosen by the club, this is my philosophy. But we are working for transfers, we need a central defender."
Guidolin insists that while it is down to chairman Huw Jenkins to identify and secure transfer targets, he is happy to offer an opinion as Swansea seek to replace Wales captain Williams following eight years with the club.
The Swans did not want the 31-year-old to leave the Liberty Stadium.
"I can say something as I know many players in the world - but it is not a problem for me to use players chosen by the club," said Guidolin.
"We have time I think."
Axact

Axact

Vestibulum bibendum felis sit amet dolor auctor molestie. In dignissim eget nibh id dapibus. Fusce et suscipit orci. Aliquam sit amet urna lorem. Duis eu imperdiet nunc, non imperdiet libero.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: